The luxury picnic industry has exploded in the last three years during and after the pandemic. During the pandemic, people decided to ditch indoor dining and chose the idea of outdoor eating in the fresh air. The luxury picnic business owners offer a quick solution for “Posh Picnics” with new trends. It is an enriching entrepreneurship venture that runs low on running costs and brings high potential returns.
You intend to start a luxury picnic business to have fun and earn money. Of course, there are often nerve-racking feelings of confusion and anxiety stemming from not knowing how to take the start. What processes to follow? What planning to be shaped? And Which essentials are to be used? You will get answers to all your queries on a single page. It is helpful to proceed step by step to fulfill your dreams of setting up your new luxury picnic business.
1. Choose A Name For Your Business
First of all, you need to allocate the name for your business. There may be several words that would be juggling in your mind. But, always keep a simple name that customers can pronounce and recall easily. After that, check if there is no duplication of the same name. You can quickly check it by searching on Google. It will ensure that any other company does not have the matching one.
A few suggestions will help you to choose the impeccable luxury picnic business name:
- Try to keep it simple, short, and easy to spell.
- Avoid any name that is offensive or suggestive.
- Select a name that echoes the type of business you’re running.
- Do your research. Ensure the domain name is available, and the business name isn’t already trademarked.
- Brainstorm with friends, family, and colleagues to get creative expression.
2. Select An Eye-Catching Logo
After picking up a name, select a visually appealing and reflective logo for your luxury picnic business. Making a professional logo can be a pricier option and cost you more. However, you can choose cheaper options, such as ordering standard logos. Using free online graphic design tools like Canva to shape and scheme it yourself is also worthwhile. Here are a few points to follow
- Define your luxury picnic company’s purpose and values.
- Select a color scheme that reflects your company’s qualities, and you can analyze and compare other companies’ logos.
- Develop a unique and memorable logo portraying your luxury picnic brand.
- Create consistent branding across all channels, from your website to business brands.
3. Assemble A Detailed Luxury Picnic Business Plan
Like all other businesses, a luxury picnic business also needs well-structured business planning. A sound, practical, and well-researched business plan is crucial to operating and growing well. Formulate your business plan well to get things started smoothly and stay connected with positive outcomes. Financial, operational, and management planning help to organize the entire course of action and builds trust for partnership. Furthermore, new business owners must be realistic about their goals and expectations.
It is a fact that starting a new business can be a daunting task how to streamline the entire process. Getting organized with a step-by-step course of action can assist us in getting out of this state of confusion. Perceiving an organized business plan can help the business operate better. Strategic planning will help you to reach new elevations to materialize your dreams. It is also crucial to have a compact knowledge of the competition. With a sensible and computed plan, new business owners can enhance their success chances.
4. Develop The Legal Business Unit
For launching a luxury picnic business, you’ll need to consider officially registering your business with local and federal governments. There are four types of entities sole proprietorship, corporate organization, limited liability company, and partnership. You can choose any of them, each with its pros and cons.
When deciding which business entity suits you for your luxury picnic company, you must consider what kind of liability exposure you want. A sole proprietorship may be appropriate if you’re starting and selling to family members, relatives, and friends. But a corporate organization or LLC may be better if you want more protection or to expand the business.
Register Your Business As LLC
The next step is to find what type of business entity you want your business to be functional. You’ll have multiple options with different protections, such as limited liability or general partnerships. It will give you the legal protections you need to run your business and protect your possessions. To register your business, you’ll be required to file the paperwork with your state’s Secretary of State Office. You can take more information on how to perform this procedure on their website. There is some cost involved ranging from $50 to $500. It also depends on whether you want a partnership or not.
5. Secure Your Business By Getting the License
Once you’ve registered your luxury picnic business, you need a permit for every picnic you host. Licensing rules and regulations vary according to the region and the location you select for the picnic spot. Each picnic spot has restrictions, including beaches, parks, and campsites. So, it is better to research the rules of that area for picnic locations and the procedure to get the license.
To avail of a business license, you’ll need to fill out an application form and submit it to your local licensing authority. The authorities will then analyze your application and decide whether to issue you a license. You’ll have to submit a “Certificate of Liability Insurance” for a set cost in some areas. It’s an essential expenditure but also an investment that will help things smooth sail in all your future picnic projects. The permits and licenses fee may range from as follow.
Cost per permit: $35 per hour (irrespective of the number of people attending)
General liability insurance: ranges from $350 – $500 annually
You will then need to contact the location admin or recreation director. Explain your plan and ask what they need from you to host the event via phone call or email. Follow the necessary processes and measures for getting a permit. It seems full of a hassle, but you will get a clear and secure spot. There will be no landscapers, and you can continue the activity without disturbance.
6. Open A Business Bank Account And EIN
An EIN is an employer identification number. It is just a security number for your business. Getting one as fast as possible is crucial; you can open a business bank account. There are many accounts, such as checking or saving accounts, which you can open for your luxury picnic business. It depends on your need and how much money you want to deposit. After that, you can apply for credit cards and hire and pay the employees. Every day-to-day profit will go into your account, and you will enjoy your business growth.
7. Set Your Packages And Services According to Your Budget
Next, do market research and Google the latest trends. You’ll have to decide what packages and services you’ll want to offer. At the starting point, it’s essential to start small with 2or 3 themes. After that, as you grow, you can add more services and purchase more inventory.
- Select A Variety Of Styles
- Boho Picnic
- French Picnic
- Classic Picnic
- Select An Event Type
- Family & Friends Picnics
- Sisters brunches
- Family reunions
- Luxury park or mountainside picnics
- Special Events Picnics
- Baby showers
- Bachelorette parties
- Bridal showers
- Romantic Picnics
- Romantic dates
- Work-Related Picnics
- Fundraising events
- Corporate party
- Farewell party
- Promotion party
8. Plan And Price Your Service Packages
After selecting the packages and special services, the next step is to set the rates. The luxury picnic business owners charge for standard services such as planning, food, decoration, and cleanup. It should be moderate to cover the basic package and charge extra for special orders. There are many factors that you have to keep in mind before setting the price.
- Search about your target audience and competition. Are your customer’s tourists, locals, or business owners? Set the fixed minimum price, and you can negotiate for special requests or special additions.
- Always set the price after thinking and probing about how much time is involved. How much time do you dedicate to give it a final touch, to prepare, sanitize, set up, and decorate afterward?
- Another critical point is to consider the location. Picnics can be arranged outdoors at the beach, in the parks, by the lakes, or indoors in your client’s front yard or backyard.
The primary or standard package usually consists of 2 to 4 people. It covers costs for table setting, decoration, a picnic basket or teepee decor, and cleanup. These packages generally range between $150 to $ 250. Extra charges apply for each additional add-on regarding food/beverage items, decor and props, screen movies, goody bags, and other activities.
9. Include Add-On Services
Luxury packages with a wide range of added features will typically be more expensive. Services like sparkling beverages, fancy candles, additional food items, and activities like canvas painting, screen movies, and games can be part of it. Also, you can tailor your picnic package according to the occasion, timings, and ideal theme.
Besides your fixed rates, it’s more lucrative to make your business more attractive by adding add-on services. It helps to grow your business with many variations and additions by using unique items or services. You can add individual articles or things in groups for specific services. You can offer party boxes, fresh flowers, balloon arcs, fancy candles, decorated umbrellas, hand-crafted gifts, teepee tents, games, movie screens, games, or food.
10. Get A Cottage Food License If You Think About It.
If you are interested in serving food without using vendors, you must do an additional step. You have the option to get a cottage food license that allows you to sell food items. After filling out an online form on the cottage food website, you will get it. So you will get the document without any hassle. After that, you must follow the rules by ensuring that you serve only cottage food with clear labeling. Examples of cottage food are bread, biscuits, pastries (without cream or meat fillings), popcorn, jams, jellies, dried fruits, and candies. The cottage food license fee varies from area to area; however average price is $230.
11. Purchase The Essential Inventory
It is vital to purchase essentials after market research on products and vendors. It is better to buy reusable and economical items at the initial stage. For example, you can use pillows and cushions repeatedly by changing covers of various colors. The inventory cost may vary from $250 to $1500.
- Picnic Table
- Table Runner
- Placemats and napkins.
- Sheets, Pillows, and pillow covers
- Candles and candle holders
- Artificial flowers and floral centerpieces
- Teepee & teepee decor
12. Arrange A Suitable Transportation
It depends on how big the event you are organizing is. But you will need a vehicle to transport all the essentials safely to a picnic spot. The procedure can be completed using a car (with or without a trailer) or a small SUV. After reaching the destination, you can shift material from the automobile to the picnic spot using an outdoor utility wagon. It will save you time and back pain. You can put all the essentials in it and quickly move it to the beach or park.
13. Set Up An Appealing And Informatory Business Website
We must acknowledge the importance of a good business website, just like a virtual store. It reveals and highlights your brand identity and image. It is the best and an affordable way to attract customers and build the credibility of your business. While making and presenting the website offers your customers an efficient and user-friendly experience.
However, you are not tech-savvy and need to learn how to build it. In that case, many credible web hosting companies provide you with website building, hosting, and maintenance services. It helps to give your business a powerful online presence by generating leads. These companies offer many facilities like domain registration, security, backups, and many more options. High-performance servers ensure far-fetched page speed that boosts user experience. Even have many opportunities to select the designs by yourself. It may cost you $10 to $800.
14. Promote Your Luxury Picnic Business
The last thing we mentioned in the preceding paragraph leads us to a significant facet of any business venture, i.e., marketing. It does not matter what your sales pitch is and how well your product or service is. If you cannot market the product or service, you won’t be able to sell it. You might have worked on some of your marketing plans during the build-out of your business plan. Still, you’ll take a magnifying glass to your strategy and design how to get your new customers.
- Business can be marketed in multiple ways. As industry professionals share their experiences with us at the very outset, you must visit the place in person and choose a few popular picnic locations with tourists.
- Then upload beautiful pictures on social media, including Instagram, Facebook, TikTok, and other well-known social media platforms. Your presence on social media is the quickest method to secure a large fan base. If your Instagram posts are captivating, your fan base will enlarge, which in all likelihood to get you more prospective customers.
- You may hire the services of a professional photographer. With a luxury picnic business, it’s all about captivating images of events. Time and money invested in the quality of your picnic setup pictures will pay you dividends.
- Social media marketing is the buzzword in modern times. You’re fortunate to have such an influential tool to market your services. Join the bandwagon by uploading attractive clicks on Instagram. Instagram is of immense importance for showcasing your creativity. If customers start talking about your services, it is the best way to gain more customers quickly.
Follow Additional Marketing Strategies
Marketing never follows the “said it and forget it” approach. Using old-fashioned print marketing material is a practiced tactic for marketing your company and services. To get a business started, below are a few more marketing strategies you can steal from:
- Pinpoint social media influencers that your customers follow
- Host the business takeoff event at your office or storefront
- Run a business blastoff sale to attract first-time customers
- Social media advertising tools like Google Ads can come in handy besides ads on Instagram or Facebook to attract customers.
- Contact local newspapers about your launch.
- Convey friends and family to share your products on social media
- Associate with other local businesses in the area to share your business
A Luxury Picnic business plan is a worthwhile endeavor. This sound and booming business has a tried and tested record of high profits and lower start-up costs. If you follow the template above, you will indeed be an expert by the time you are done. You will gradually understand the luxury picnic industry, competitors, and customers. Cultivating a marketing strategy and understanding how to launch will lead to a profitable luxury picnic business by following these directions.