Smartphones have very quickly replaced home phones in many households. It feels like just yesterday when we would call our friends on the landline and talk to their parents while waiting for them to come to the phone. While things have definitely become better and easier with smartphones, home phones are still convenient in their own ways. For this reason, there are plenty of homes (and offices) that use landlines today.
Putting the differences between home phone and smartphone aside, let’s take a look at one of the best home phone services in the U.S. Xfinity is a popular service provider offering internet, TV, and phone services among others. Today, we plan to be looking at some calling features and how you can turn them off or on as per your needs or requirements. Let’s get right into it!
How to Access Voice settings
To change the settings for any features of Xfinity Voice, first things first, you need to sign in to Xfinity Voice Settings using your Xfinity ID and password. Next, just choose the preferences you want to make changes to. Just look at the sub-headings below to understand how.
Voicemail Indicator Light
Whenever someone leaves you a voicemail, the voicemail indicator light blinks to let you know you have new messages. If you don’t want to be alerted to new voicemails with the blinking light, simply select Mark all voicemails as heard and the light won’t blink anymore.
If you want to change something about your voicemail notifications, you can check below the Voice Notifications tab. You can:
- Turn on Voicemail Transcription
- Turn on Email Notifications for new voicemails
- Adjust Email Notification Options
If you want to change anything regarding call forwarding, you can:
- Forward your calls to an alternative phone number using Basic Call Forwarding.
- Forward your calls to a maximum of five different phone numbers using Advanced Call Forwarding.
- Forward your calls from a maximum of 25 callers to one specific number.
If there is any number or person you want to block so you don’t receive calls from them, that is completely possible using the call-blocking feature. You can:
- Use Anonymous Call Rejection to block anonymous calls.
- Use Call Screening to block specific phone numbers.
- Use Adjust Spam Blocker settings to handle spam calls.
- Use the spam feedback link to report a mislabeled number.
Under your Checking Voicemail preferences, you can:
- Select Voicemail Playback preferences.
- Adjust the number of Voicemail Prompts.
- Deactivate the voicemail PIN requirement for Voicemail login.
- Choose a language between English and Spanish.
Change Your Voicemail PIN
In your Change your Voicemail PIN preferences, you will have detailed instructions to change your voicemail PIN online. You even have the option of changing your PIN over the phone and of course, if there are any doubts or queries that you have, simply place a call on the Xfinity customer service helpline or visit here, and they will guide you through the entire process.
How to Set Up Your Voicemail from Your Home Phone
While some features don’t need to be set up, some need to be set up before you can start using them. Voicemail is one of these features. To set up the voicemail, follow the steps below.
- The setup call should be made from your home phone.
- Dial *99 or enter the Xfinity Voice number.
- Follow the recorded messages to create a password. You can also record a personalized greeting.
If you don’t want to be asked for your password every time you check your voicemail, then you can turn on the Skip PIN function. You can activate this feature by phone, follow the steps:
- Access the voicemail system.
- Press 4 from the main menu for personal options.
- Next, press 2 for administrative options.
- Press 1 to open administrative options.
- Then, press 5 to Skip the PIN.
- Press 1 to turn on the Skip PIN function or feature. Alternatively, if you want to turn it off, press 2.
- The system will verify the Skip PIN status.
If you are wondering about any limits for your voice mailbox, there is a limit actually. Your mailbox can store up to 225 minutes of messages and they are stored for an indefinite amount of time. In order to make space for more, you will need to empty your mailbox or delete some messages.
On a Final Note…
Xfinity is known particularly for its availability and its wonderful internet services. Similarly, it is not hard to believe that their other services like TV and phone services are equally as good as their internet services. So, if you are looking into getting a phone plan, you should definitely check out Xfinity. Furthermore, if you want more than just a home phone, like internet and TV, then check out the deals and bundles by Xfinity.