When it comes to small businesses, content marketing holds significant importance because it develops the trust and traffic of customers in a compounding way. The trust and traffic of customers are essential to drive better results over time for any business.
But a digital marketer needs to stay committed and consistent with his content marketing strategy to achieve success in his online business. Otherwise, no tip and trick in the world will work for him.
Therefore, let’s hover over the (seven) 7 content marketing ideas to boost your small business. But let’s discuss the concept of content marketing first.
What is Content Marketing?
As the name depicts, content marketing is all about ‘content.’ It is a strategic marketing approach that creates and distributes valuable, relevant, and consistent content.
But how can a content creator produce such type of content? How can a digital marketer put such type of content in the right place to work for him?
The answer to these questions lies in developing a content strategy. Thus, developing a content marketing strategy is essential to enrich a business with content marketing. Therefore, let’s get to the tried and tested content marketing ideas for small businesses and companies.
List of the (Seven) 7 Content Marketing Ideas to Boost Your Small Business:
1. Create blogs posts or articles for SEO (Search Engine Optimization):
The first way to drive traffic using content is through SEO (Search Engine Optimization).
Small business owners can launch an SEO blog because blogs are a great way to show and inform netizens about a new brand or business. No doubt that creating a successful blog requires a lot of effort. But hard and smart work is the key to success in any field of life.
Anyway, an SEO blog should perform the following tasks:
- Answer confusion and pain points of customers regarding the services or products of a business.
- Drive traffic to the online business.
- Increase the conversion rate of a business. The conversion rate is the act of performing a desired action on a blog.
However, the written form of content (blogs and articles) is only useful if the writer has perfectly written them. Moreover, the writer has to make sure that their content is unique from competitors as it adds value to users’ queries. So, a writer can use a plagiarism checker to ensure that written content doesn’t contain any plagiarism.
Moreover, the internet is a vast place. Instead, a writer should focus on providing the readers with new information in his blog because readers can instantly identify whether a blog contains duplicate information or not.
Thus, to ensure that written content is 100% original, writers should check plagiarism in written content before publishing.
If you feel you don’t have the necessary expertise, you can always hire a blog writing service to write content for your site that matches your style and tone. Working with quality blog content writing services offers all the benefits of having an in-house team of writers without the hassle of searching and hiring them.
2. Create interactive content for target customers:
The second content marketing idea to give a boost to any small business is using the help of interactive content in an SEO blog or article.
As mentioned earlier, a successful SEO blog intends to increase a business’ conversion rate. So, the only way to increase the conversion rate is by integrating the call-to-action functionality.
Thus, small business owners should invest in creating interactive series of elements on their websites or blogs. Doing this will decrease the bounce rate because it will help in keeping the readers on a website or blog for a long time. Moreover, interactive elements also help in generating more leads.
Pro Tip: Some businesses use landing pages to engage the readers with their website for a long time. But landing pages or contact forms do not prove valuable all the time
3. Prefer listicle-type content:
The third idea in these (seven) 7 content marketing ideas to boost your small business guide is to create listicle articles on a blog.
According to e-Strategy Trends, listicle-type content can generate 25000+ shares per month. So, the above stats indicate the impact of listicle content on small and bigger online businesses.
Thus, a small business owner should create listicle content according to the interests and tastes of his readers. This way, his target audience will help him in spreading the message of his business all over the world.
Another prime example of successful listicle content is BuzzFeed’s latest list. But listicle content is not all about the text because Buzzfeed also uses videos, GIFs, and slideshows to create listicle content. So, content creators should focus on producing such type of listicle content that ties the customers to the business needs.
4. Take the help of infographics in content marketing:
Content is king, and there is no doubt about that. But content without an infographic makes the entire blog post or article dull because it is the nature of readers to get bored after continuously reading text. Therefore, the fourth proven tip to boost the sale of a small business via content marketing is to use infographics.
Presenting information and data to the target audience through the combination of imagery, pie charts, bar graphs, and minimal text is known as infographics. So, content creators and small business owners should add infographics to their posts to decrease the bounce rate and increase the engagement time of readers.
As far as designing infographics is concerned, several tools provide free infographic templates. So, content creators and small business owners can take the help of such tools to create infographics according to their desires. But if someone is not interested, he can take help from professional graphic designers because it is not wise to compromise on infographics.
5. Use social media to leverage the businesses:
According to the global overview report of DATAREPORTAL:
- More than half of the world’s population (58.4%) use social media platforms.
- On average, a social media user spends about two hours and twenty-seven minutes a day scrolling social media platforms.
Thus, according to the above stats, social media is among the most effective ways of informing the world about the services and products of a business. That is why if a small business wants to make its mark in digital work, the owner of that business should use social media platforms to leverage its sales.
Now, let’s look at some tips that will prove beneficial in creating social media content for boosting a small business’ sales.
- Facebook, Instagram, and even Twitter now allow their users to use stories to share information with their audience. So, small business owners can share their plans with their audience to keep them up-to-date. Similarly, they can also share reviews of their customers with their audience to inform them about the quality of their products and services.
- Captions are one of the most important things for growing on social media. A good caption increases the chances of conversion on social media. So, a business owner should either hire a professional content writer to write captions or write it by himself because compromising captions on social media isn’t worth it.
- Video is the highest converting content type over social media. That is why several avid social media influencers focus on creating vlogs. But let’s learn about the importance of videos in online marketing strategies for small businesses in the next point.
6. Podcasts and videos:
Podcasts and videos are portable forms of content because people can access such types of content from anywhere, courtesy of mobile devices. So, whenever new (portable) content appears, people can instantly access that content, which is effective for content marketing.
Additionally, due to the popularity of platforms, like ‘Spotify,’ ‘Google Podcasts’ and ‘iTunes,’ accessing the content in audio form has become a lot easier. Thus, if a business owner targets podcasts and YouTube or similar video streaming platforms, he can successfully boost the sale of his new small business over social media.
7. Email marketing:
The seventh and last content marketing idea to increase the sales of small businesses is email marketing.
When it comes to calculating the Return of Investment (ROI) of all the digital marketing strategies, the email marketing technique is the best. This marketing technique provides a great way of boosting brand loyalty and sales through special offers.
Moreover, e-commerce business owners should run an email marketing campaign weekly to increase the chances of success of their online business.
Now, let’s discuss a few tips to create an effective newsletter to carry out the email marketing campaign for a growing business.
- A content writer should start a newsletter with a short and friendly piece of information.
- After that, he should discuss the special offer in his email.
- Lastly, he should also add a link to the relevant blog posts to generate traffic to the blog.
Bottom Line – the Conclusion:
Content marketing is a strategy to spread content around the internet so that more people will find and read it. This marketing strategy is a great way to promote small businesses and grow their audience. It helps in achieving the goal of getting more leads through blog posts or social media accounts. However, suppose a newbie digital marketer is not familiar with the nuts and bolts of content marketing and small business content marketing examples. In that case, this guide will prove beneficial for him.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
1. How do small businesses do content marketing?
To build a successful content marketing campaign from scratch, a business owner should follow the following seven steps in chronological order.
- Before starting working on something, it is essential to define the goal of your content marketing campaign.
- After understanding the goals, a business owner should use Google Analytics or any other similar tool to record goals and analyze the success of each type of content.
- Data collection holds the key to the success of the entire marketing campaign. So, the next step is to collect the data. Business owners can either choose the data gathered by others or gather data from scratch.
- The next step is to decide on the medium of content a business wants to focus on. As there are different types of content, it is essential to focus on a single content type and put all your effort into it.
- After selecting the content type, it is time to create the content. Created content should be original, or some part of it separates a business from its counterparts because that’s how online businesses build brand awareness.
- Most business owners put all their effort into creating content. So, when it comes to marketing the content, they don’t put as much effort as they should have. Doing this negatively impacts their business. So, a business owner should understand the importance of marketing content.
- Once a business owner has applied all the above-discussed (six) steps, other people will start talking about his content. Now, he should make sure that he is getting follow-up links to his website. Otherwise, it will become content stealing.
2. What are the five winning types of content marketing to grow your business?
The above-discussed content marketing ideas are the seven proven tips and tricks to boost the sales of any small business.
3. What are the major marketing tips for launching new products?
The marketing campaign of a launching product holds the same value as the product itself. So, business owners should never overlook the marketing phase of a new launching product. But let’s discuss the major marketing tips to launch a new product successfully.
- Studying the competition is important because if a business owner doesn’t know his competitors, how can he compete with them or perform at the same level? So, the first tip is to study the competition.
- The next tip is to identify the target customers and target them. Doing this is essential because the marketing will be a complete waste if a business owner doesn’t know his target audience.
- After identifying the target customers, the next step is developing a marketing strategy and tactics for that marketing strategy.
- Before going to the market, testing the developed concept and marketing approach is essential. Doing this will help in identifying flaws.
- After the successful testing of the concept and marketing, it is time to roll out your campaign.