Board portal software is a technology that assists an organization’s board of directors in fulfilling their role to plan for the company’s future and evaluate overall employee performance. It provides a virtual platform for board meetings, document exchange and analysis, recording minutes, and voting on task items. Directors may keep track of attendance, keep meeting minutes organized, and exchange files with others.
With the aid of built-in capabilities, this program uses the same approach to attract new clients. The entire system is capable of sending the relevant information automatically as it appears on the agenda or week. Newsletter recipients can access the offer page by clicking on it and might purchase it. It’s possible due to the built-in tools varying from one to the other board portal vendors.
Does It Make Sense to Switch to Board Software at all
The virtual board software is similar to a web application that contains all managers and directors. The gateway is intended to make board responsibilities easier. These services offer confidential access to board papers. Users can have access to tools that help administrators prepare for, conduct, and evaluate board meetings. Individual board members’ communication can be increased by virtual board meetings, even if they are in separate countries.
Companies that use the board management software may rely on the confidentiality and security of company data. Complex tasks may be completed before, during, or after the meeting with comprehensive filtering and marking options that reduce searching for documents to a few clicks.
The iDeals Board and Diligent are two great examples of Board Rooms that are currently popular for their features. It is these innovations that save a lot of time during company strategic decisions and discussions. Diligent has a maximum level of flexibility that allows it to adapt this boardroom to each business. It is aimed at examining the emotional and rational feedback from board members during the discussion of an issue. Here, as in the product from iDeals, there are all the basic functions, which will be described below.
What Are the Common Features in the BoardRoom Family of Applications?
Software is used by several departments to automate day-to-day work. This type of application offers another great feature for your company. It provides a pure paperless meeting solution, which increases the efficiency of any meeting many times over. The benefit of this program is that it allows you to tailor various marketing and other efforts.
- Document and corporate file management. You can easily view and modify documentation in real time so that it can be accessed by other employees without any problems.
- Collaboration and online board meeting. And not just the board of directors. The entire administrative and subordinate group can be involved in communication and agenda discussions. For example, the director of marketing can easily join the strategy discussion.
- Minute counting. You can tally how many and how effectively a particular meeting took. Including you can make special notes as the meeting progresses or arrange votes for the most effective solutions to problems.
- Schedule management and a built-in calendar. This is the most efficient solution for anticipating future meetings and making plans. A calendar is an essential thing to bring this to life.
Most of the Board Rooms options are installable on different devices. A good example should support both desktop operating systems like Windows and MacOS as well as portable ones. You can try using a cloud-based solution that is on the market, such as OnBoard. All calculations take place on a third-party secure server and there is no load on your personal server or device. You can also take a look at Convene, which is one of the great app representatives in terms of convenience, if you’re fine with the setup. This means that you won’t waste time training your employees on how to use this innovation and will start working productively as soon as possible.
Comparing the Best Portals with Each Other
We can make a cursory comparison of board portal applications among the most popular ones in order to understand how they differ from each other. As an example, let’s take Diligent, Boardvantage and Boardeffect.
- Diligent was released in 2001 as a product and currently serves 23,000 companies. This product aims primarily to help new employees get accustomed to the workplace, track results and get quick access to the documents they need. World-class security and support for various operating systems are available here.
- Boardvantage was created under the auspices of Nasdaq. This product has a different goal: to help administrative staff save their time and prepare the business for further growth with registered technologies like Boardvantage Director and MeetX. It’s not about helping new employees or other specific things. You have to be aware of that. There’s also top-notch security and support for both mobile and desktop OS.
- BoardEffect is something in between interacting with employees and interacting directly within the managing staff. It allows you to both set up different levels of meetings like in Boardvantage, and keep your own internal document repository for any level of staff like in Diligent. There’s also top-notch data protection and support for all available operating systems.
As you can see from the examples above, each of the board portals differs from each other not so much in functionality but in the goals for each particular company. If you want to strengthen the interaction of the administrative staff, Boardvantage is perfect for you. If you want to focus on automating your workforce, Diligent is your answer. BoardEffect in these examples is the “middle ground” between the two extremes.
Use board management software to make board meetings more efficient and effective. You can take some time to analyze existing products on the market more carefully to find a specific option just for your business.