The virtual board software is a fundamental tool of most large and medium-sized corporations. Small companies are not ignored either and special versions with growth potential are made for them. The board portal phenomenon itself is simple automation and a Swiss knife to manage a team of many departments and employees with a handy paperless meeting solution. It really is an amazing innovation in today’s reality and you can familiarize yourself with it just by starting to check this board software buying guide.
What to pay attention to first of all
First of all, you need to start from the size of your business. This is a small but important step because board management software functions differ from one another. Generally speaking, you should answer the following questions before choosing a product:
- Do you need the electronic voting feature? Most tools work on the principle of informal voting on an issue. But some have a formally documented ability to create votes on various topics that come up in meetings. This is a pretty important feature for some companies.
- What is your monthly budget for these apps? The price of board portal software depends on the vendor itself, the functionality, and the size of the company. Sometimes the price is insignificant and the features are lots. You should compare all the different options to make a rational choice.
- Do you need the ability to create online conferences within the app? There are some board portals that don’t have video conferencing in their functionality at all with the help of an inbuilt application. They can refer you to Zoom, Skype, or other analogs. The built-in app is much more convenient than having a third-party program. Think about this.
- Do you need significant support? For some employees, learning a new program is a few circles of hell. Do you need 24/7 technical support and how should it be done?
If you answer this minimum of questions, you will be able to decide on the product and make a better choice.
How will this help my company grow at all?
In general, the process of improvement begins after you start using this software. It has to be comprehensive. Virtual meeting portals accelerate the enhancement process, as well as bring other positive changes to the meeting room. With appropriate software, the following goals can be achieved:
- Automated board meetings will save time and money;
- User participation in the management process should be increased;
- Boost the quality of preparation for board meetings;
- Insurance that the company data used in the meeting is better protected;
- Strong communications within the board of directors and with other participants in business cooperation with an online board meeting.
At least these reasons may encourage you to buy virtual board software. The majority of large organizations are switching to this product because of its convenience and reduction of time for pointless activities such as documentation.
How to choose a good Virtual Board?
This question is both complex and simple at the same time. Everything is a comparison, which is why you should focus your attention on comparing different products with the help of verified sites where you can find real customer reviews.
These points can steer you in the right direction:
- Clearly define your team’s goals when purchasing virtual board software. This is necessary so that you have at least a superficial understanding of the features you need.
- Review all of the vendor sites. This is really necessary because different vendors have different terms in tech support, pricing, and different terms for different types of businesses.
- Test the product. Take a trial option, which almost every provider makes available.
- Discuss details with the board. From this step, you’ll know whether or not you should get 24/7 technical support.
- You should thoroughly review all of the tools available to you to set up your workflow efficiently and effectively.
In addition, read reviews from real buyers. Usually, they leave feedback about their business area in which board management software has performed best. It is great to buy a tool for medium and large businesses. But there are vendors who are trying to occupy the small business niche as such companies also need to get rid of unnecessary paperwork and automate their work processes.