The newlyweds are worried about planning their wedding, so they come to the wedding planner to carry this burden and make the night happen in the best way, now we’ll review the 25 most prominent questions and answers that may be asked to you as a wedding planner.
1. Why Are You Interested In Being A Wedding Planner?
I’m interested to be a wedding planner for some critical reasons, such as:
- Personal reasons: It’s my passion and I always liked to know how to make a successful unforgettable wedding, and this passion makes me very interested and super excited about it. Every day will be extraordinary, carrying with it new difficulties and adventures, so I won’t ever get wearied.
- Social reasons: I help my clients to save money! And to save time as well! They will use my advice and my experience and contact with the best wedding suppliers and I will keep them relaxed and never worry about the flow of the wedding.
- Financial reasons: It’s not a stable ordinary job from 9 to 14, it’s creative and growing so fast and mainly based on the talent, and every successful wedding is a big step and a jump to make a company and make it bigger and bigger.
2. What Are The Roles Of a Wedding Planner?
The wedding planner takes the responsibilities which indeed help to make the day in its best way, such as:
- Talking and agreeing with the newlyweds on the wedding details: In the beginning, there is an initial consultation between the wedding planner and the newlyweds, where it is agreed with them on what the newlyweds want and what the wedding planner can do. The wedding planner talks to the bride about the type of wedding the bride wants.
- Determine the budget with the newlyweds: The budget is determined where the newlyweds are talked to know the budget and how it fits with what the wedding needs.
- Scheduling meetings and negotiating with suppliers: The role of the wedding planner is not limited to talking with the newlyweds and setting the budget but also negotiating with suppliers such as hall officials, photographers, and flower coordinators.
- Supervising the wedding day: On the day of the wedding, the organizer supervises this day in all respects, as he supervises the paragraphs and preparations, where they introduce the newlyweds, the DJ, and the photographers to enter the hall, the first dance, and the cutting of the cake.
- Coordination of transportation and reservation of hotel rooms: The wedding planner assists in coordinating transportation and booking hotel rooms for the newlyweds. He does this by agreeing with transportation companies and hotels so that they can book for the newlyweds the car that they will take to the wedding and the hotel room in which the newlyweds will prepare for the wedding.
3. What Are The Qualities That Wedding Planners Need To Be Successful?
The wedding planner and organizer is the main character in a significant night, that’s why he MUST include those points:
- Flexibility in dealing: The Wedding Planner is responsible for the wedding, but he must realize that the occasion belongs to the newlyweds personally, so their opinion must be respected, and that is a condition for success, The wedding coordinator should not get caught up in his vision and beliefs, even though his experience in the field is greater.
- Organization: He can’t work in this delicate field, without being organized, and attentive to the smallest details, because any small mistake he makes may spoil the newlyweds’ life’s joy.
- Commitment to the wedding budget: The different budgets according to which he works should not make him indistinguishable for the cost of the wedding, and the varying capabilities of the newlyweds, so he must fully commit to the financial budget that you set for him.
- Friendly: kindness and politeness, and keep a smile with all people around.
4. What Major Challenges Did You Face During Your Last Role? How Did You Manage Them?
The challenge I had the last time was about making a successful wedding during coronavirus, we couldn’t invite all the friends who were supposed to come there, and I solved this problem by inviting the most important visitors to the open-air place, and we opened a live stream online, it was unique and new.
5. Describe Your Daily Routine As A Wedding Planner?
Step 1: I write down plans and put them together, as soon as I have an idea for a couple’s wedding, I present them with a list of three to five options to choose from in terms of food, decor, venues, music, and other options.
Step 2: Meeting the couple, when I meet the couple, I bring with my offers of completed packages to make it easier for them to choose
Step 3: Finding wedding venues, weddings are usually held outside in the open air, or inside the church of the newlyweds’ choice, Weddings must suit the weather… I choose a closed place if the weather is cold or if there is a storm, unfortunately!
Step 4: Suggesting wedding music, many wedding services include some kind of music and a varied selection of songs and performances can be an important way to add beauty and charm to the party. I have a sufficient list of suggestions for the names of the songs and the choice of how they will be performed and the newlyweds choose what is appropriate for them
Step 5: Suggesting the names of the florists and how to arrange them, most weddings have seasonal flowers and are professionally arranged, Have a discussion with the couple about designs and the bride’s wedding dress to help them decide and choose a design for the trendy colors of the flower arrangement.
Step 6: Help the couple choose the best photographers, it is not difficult to find wedding photographers, but it is good to look for other possible options that offer other prices and guide the couple for the perfect choice. It is important to choose a competent and trustworthy photographer.
Step 7: Checking and going to the wedding venue, the organizer needs to be familiar with the preparation and preparation of the site that will be within the venue where the wedding will take place, I should personally make sure that everything is going well and be the first to come and the last to leave.
6. Describe Briefly Your Experience.
My passion for organizing weddings started when I was a young girl. At a very young age, I was organizing all of my mom’s dinner parties, set the tables, and made menus, something I enjoyed.
Later, I liked to take this career professionally and I started to learn more and more from the internet, and I started as an assistant, and later I became a wedding planner.
7. What Kind Of Strategies And Mindset Is Required For This Role?
It’s very important to focus on details, treat clients nicely, and be a good listener to get the full vision they imagine, I believe that the mindset of a successful wedding planner requires being talented in time management as well.
8. What Is The Biggest Challenge You Foresee In This Job?
The biggest challenges are usually the lack of understanding, that’s why I try to avoid any changes a few days before the wedding, such as flower arrangements, because this will cost a lot of money, and we may not get the desired result, so I’m keen to arrange everything and clarify the smallest details months before the wedding.
9. How Do You Stay Motivated At Work?
For me, when I’m planning a wedding, what inspires me the most is the couple themselves, I like to delve into the details of their relationship and find out where they like to spend their vacation, their hobbies, what are their favorite restaurants, their favorite colors, and other things that bring them together, and after collecting their information, I design the wedding in a way to make an unforgettable night for 2 lovely persons and I’m maximizing their happiness.
10. Describe A Time You Failed In This Role And The Lesson You Learned?
I helped the bride to choose flowers that match her personality and style, but I hadn’t previously checked to make sure they were available in the market and we were disappointed, I learned to check the availability of everything in the market before I offer.
11. Why Do You Feel You Are Qualified For This Role?
I am an organized and elegant person, I always try to be friendly and I like others to feel comfortable talking to me.
I have experience with weddings and the best places, I respect the time and I give a timetable when I make my suggestions, I show examples of my previous work, Also, I have a creative imagination and I’m a patient person, all of that makes me a qualified and unique wedding planner.
12. Share With Us Your Greatest Achievement.
My greatest achievement is making successful wedding plans for years in a row, it’s not easy not to fall, I made effort in every single wedding to make it appears in its best way and I solved with my clients a lot of problems and made them happier, it is a great achievement I’m proud of it and I will keep it.
13. What Is The Best Advice You Can Give To The Newlyweds When You Are With Them?
Prioritize: Give yourself enough time to plan your wedding, at least 9 months. By checking in frequently with my clients, I help them stay on track and budget.
Communication: Make sure everyone in the family is on the same track. This is the best way to avoid disagreements when we’re planning. Enjoy your special day: It helps the newlyweds see things more clearly – it’s the best day of their lives.
14. Can The Bride Have The Wedding Of Her Dreams While She Is On A Budget?
There is no doubt that women with limited budgets can’t be equal to high budgets ones. Usually having a low budget does not prevent the bride from reaching the stage of satisfaction. I use some tricks to get high-quality stuff at a fair price for my clients, one of them is to book things from an early time.
15. What Are The Main Factors That Any Bride Should Pay Attention To In Order For Her Wedding To Be Successful?
It is necessary to set a budget schedule to organize the entire ceremony and ask the people for the experience. Some people spend on music huge sums and become unable to complete the rest of the expenses of coordination, hospitality, photography, etc. It is necessary to ask about the hall before choosing it, as there are halls that require more expenses than others.
16. How Much Time Do They Need To Plan The Wedding?
Planning should start 6 months before the wedding date. Wedding venues, wedding photographers, hosts, and florists are reserved. Therefore, you will have a wide variety of choices in terms of vendors and locations when you give yourself enough time to prepare.
17. What Is The Most Important Detail That Is Taken Care Of At Weddings?
It’s the lighting. Unfortunately, it’s the most important and least appreciated element when planning a wedding. Bad lighting can damage the colors and skin tone of the guests. Thus, good lighting gives life to everything we see at the wedding and allows us to change the mood of the evening from romantic and glamorous to fun and entertaining. We always advise brides to use plenty of candles.
18. In Your Experience, What Are The Bride’s Biggest Concerns? And What About The Groom?
Most brides pay attention to the aesthetics and romance of the wedding. Flowers, tablecloths, chairs, and decor items are very important to them. The groom, on the other hand, tends to be realistic and focuses on tangible things such as the host or hostess of the wedding and food and drink.
19. What Are Modern Colors For Wedding Designs?
Sometimes the newlyweds tend to the classic ceremony, in which black and white are used. Some others tend to the modern decor, which uses new colors overlapping with gold and silver. It’s a mere personal taste but the fashion for green remains the leader this season and white is back.
20. How Do You Organize Weddings After Corona?
Some changes occurred after the Corona crisis, which is the trend to open spaces such as villas and gardens after weddings were banned in hotels. Currently, I focus on Open Air weddings and they became increasingly large. Large hotels adopt open spaces for weddings and it’s modern, clean, and safe.
21. How Can You Make The Wedding Special?
I can add unexpected and funky elements to your wedding to make it special. Surprises and unusual things can give the flavor of the wedding, such as the sweets kiosk, which includes a wide variety that satisfies sweet lovers, from candies to biscuits and cupcakes. It won’t only look great, but it will also provide the visitors with entertainment, as they will enjoy the timeless desserts. It can be used also for a photo booth where visitors will enjoy taking pictures and will keep memories of a fun-filled night.
22. Is It Necessary To Approve Token Gifts For Visitors?
When I undertake a wedding, I don’t give a lot of attention to gifts. Those gifts aren’t a staple but it’s a nice initiative to give the visitors something to remind them of the wedding. Giving gifts depends mainly on the budget of the newlyweds, my advice as a wedding planner is to choose gifts at reasonable prices and leave a lasting impression.
23. In The Summer, The Idea Of Weddings Or Engagement On The Sea Becomes Great, How Do You Deal With That?
During summer, I try to create unusual, non-traditional ideas, such as the use of seashells and sand in the decor to match the general atmosphere. I usually choose simple decorations in front of the beach of the wedding. The beautiful landscapes I like to highlight as much as possible, such as the sea, mountains, and sandy beaches.
24. What color do you stay away from using at the wedding?
There is no color I would stay away from if it matches the ethos of the wedding I’m creating. It depends on several criteria, such as the place, the color of the groom’s suit, and the color of the decoration. I use different colors during the day than the night.
25. What are the misconceptions in your opinion about the organization of the wedding?
Sometimes people think that organizing a wedding requires a very high budget, or even think that they can organize a wedding too big on a very small budget. The idea is not to spend a lot of money. It’s important to write everything needed in detail, and make a range that won’t be exceeded, I advise my clients to ignore fancy unnecessary stuff when they have a low budget.
Finally, the critical responsibility and the important rule played by wedding planners is in their impact, on all people who attend this wedding, but also on the kids of the couple in the future, when they look at the amazing wedding you planned for.