Top 20 Mental Health Worker Interview Questions and Answers
If you are preparing for an interview for the mental health worker job, you need to familiarize yourself with the interview questions that are commonly asked. Doing so will help you to make a great impression during your interview. The following are the top mental health worker interview questions along with the best answers.
You can also view the content in blog format at https://www.projectpractical.com/top-20-mental-health-worker-interview-questions-answers/
Below are the 20 questions discussed:
1. Tell me about yourself
2. What skills should you have to be effective?
3. How does a typical day of mental health workers look like?
4. How do you work under pressure?
5. What is your experience with patients suffering from mental illnesses?
6. What is your understanding of schizophrenia?
7. The mental health field keeps on changing. What personal development efforts have you made in the last 12 months?
8. How would you resolve conflict between two members of your team?
9. What is your greatest achievement?
10. How do you deal with difficult patients?
11. Why did you choose to become a mental health worker?
12. Briefly describe an instance when you consoled a mentally ill patient.
13. If you notice a client’s health is deteriorating, what would you do?
14. What would you do if a patient refuses to take medication?
15. To administer effective therapeutic care to the mentally ill, what traits should a therapist have?
16. What is dsm and why is it used
17. Where do you draw your motivation to offer quality care and support to mentally ill persons at all times?
18. How significant is teamwork for you?
19. Why are you unsatisfied with your current job?
20. Where do you see yourself in five years?