Civil service is all about helping the community. When interviewing for any related position, you have to convince the interviewer that you have all it takes to bring a difference to the community.
Remember, all the civil service positions are government jobs, meaning that you have to understand and be committed to the visions of your employing agency or parastatal.
This video will look at some of the questions that you should expect in the civil service interview. You will soon discover that most of them will test your character and qualifications.
You can also view the content in blog format at https://www.projectpractical.com/civil-service-interview-questions-and-answers/
Below are the 20 questions discussed:
1. Why Are You Interested In This Job?
2. How Do You Handle Mistakes in Your Job?
3. This Job Will Present Several Conflicts of Interest. How Can You Avoid Them?
4. Have Your Ethics Been Challenged In Your Line of Work?
5. How Would You Help an Underperforming Colleague Suppose You Had One?
6. Can You Multitask?
7. How Good Are You at Implementing New Systems?
8. You May Be Required to Share Difficult News in Your Area of Work. How Do You Normally Go about That?
9. Have you Worked With Challenging Colleagues Before? If You Have, Please Tell Us About Your Experience
10. Do You Feel Like You Over-deliver?
11. Tell Us About Your Presentation Skills
12. Where Do You Envision Yourself in Five Years?
13. How Would You Influence a Manager or Supervisor?
14. What Do You Think Is The Most Challenging Thing about being a Civil Servant?
15. Describe a Time When You Improved Your Working
16. Have You Ever Implemented a Change? Tell Me About The Experience
17. How Do You Appreciate Diversity and Equality in Your Workplace?
18. What Do You Like Most About This Role?
19. Mention a Strength That Makes You the Best Candidate for this Role
20 How Do You Stay Updated In This Role?