Obtaining a citizen of any nation requires effort, strong financial help, and a lot of paper works unless you get it by right of birth. So is the case with Belgium. If you have no connection with Belgium in the past and still want to settle in Belgium, it will take years to become a permanent resident. However, you will come across all the possible ways to settle with this European Union nation in this article. Stay with us to learn more.
Holding Belgium citizenship welcomes a host of advantages, as Belgium is a registered part of the European Union. So what are the benefits it holds for you?
Benefits of Becoming a Belgium Citizen
- You can travel to 117 countries around the world without being visa-free
- While you are an owner of a valid passport, you can leave and re-enter Belgium anytime without any restrictions.
- You can hold two valid passports with dual nationality if only your native country allows dual nationality.
- Enjoy benefits like union membership, participation in associations, social & welfare benefits, and social assistance.
How Can You Settle In Belgium Permanently?
The following points will offer you an idea of how you can become a Belgium citizen:
- Register yourself in the Belgium population register
- If you want to receive Belgium citizenship, you need to reside in the nation for a minimum period of five years to ten years.
- Show the Belgium government that you have been working in Belgium for more than five years and have undergone an integration course. Moreover, undergo certain internships and social programs too.
- To become a citizen of the nation, you must be familiar with all the legal laws of the nation.
- You should be well versed in any of the commonly spoken languages in Belgium: Dutch, German, or French.
How to Apply
If you want to apply for a passport, here are the options for you:
- Reach out to your local municipality in Belgium if you are a resident.
- If you live overseas, reach out to the Belgium embassy office in your native country.
Belgium offers a Belgium Golden Visa program for investors who are planning to invest in Belgium, especially in real estate. Alternatively, it is also popular as the “investor visa.” Applicants are judged on a case-to-case basis. Qualified candidates, who have been residing in Belgium for five to ten years, are eligible for citizenship and a permanent residence permit. The investment in five years will vary between €350,000 and €500,000.
At the end
Now that you know how to become a citizen of Belgium, you must be looking for an agency to help you with the golden visa, Pearl Lemon Visa is your one-stop destination. Get professional advice from professional consultants who provide proper guidance, document verification, and a well-prepared application. So what are you waiting for? Connect with experienced consultants and get your visa process started.