Each year, more businesses appear online, making it challenging to outstand all of them and be as attractive to customers as it was several years ago. The statistics show that more than 96% of the customers would leave the business if they could provide them with high-quality services, and about 60% would pay more if the company gave them good customer service. So here’s the problem: how to provide customer support service, especially when the company is willing to grow abroad as well. Here’s the answer–use multilingual customer service. To help you out, let’s discuss what it is, such services’ advantages, and how to implement them better.
Multilingual support refers to customer support provided in multiple languages by a business as part of the overall customer experience. This support can improve customer satisfaction by providing quality service irrespective of clients’ language.
Customer support doesn’t end after purchase; it’s an ongoing part of the customer experience. For example, after the purchase, the client may need help with an exchange, return, or other issues.
The quality of customer experience is now a key element in the international marketplace. Customers are less brand loyal and more likely to switch companies if they can’t have a satisfying customer experience.
It costs less to maintain an existing customer than to attract a new one. Often, not providing support in the native languages of your customers likely means they’ll turn to a competitor.
There are several advantages of multilingual saas customer support.
- Increased reach. You can reach a wider audience and tap into new markets by supporting multiple languages.
- Improved SEO. Multilingual content can help you rank higher in search results, reach new customers, and boost your online visibility.
- Enhanced credibility. When you show that you’re willing and able to speak the language of your audience, it gives your company a sense of authenticity.
- Increased engagement. Allowing your site visitors to use their preferred language can help increase interaction on your website or blog.
- Improved conversions. You’ll increase sales conversion rates by making buying easier for multilingual customers.
Here we will discuss 6 steps you can take into account while starting to provide multilingual customer support services.
As more than 50% of searches are done in languages other than English, you should hire agents who are native speakers of the desired language to provide the most effective multilingual customer support. In addition, bilingual employees will be better equipped to serve customers by understanding the language and culture of the region.
If you are unsure whether you can hire such specialists, collaborate with a company with expertise in local-language customer service support.
Operating hours should be adjusted to match the time zones of your customers. It’s always frustrating when you need help and has to wait for hours or even if it takes days to get a response.
If you offer customers help when they need it, they will likely use your services more in the future as they will care for their problems and be willing to solve them.
Chatbots are more useful when paired with real-time translation because they can help people communicate more easily. When using chatbots, customers can obtain the information they need in their language without waiting for a human representative. It allows them to get the information they need quickly and without any hassle.
You can support customers who speak multiple languages by translating your content into their native tongues. In addition, you can provide multilingual information such as help documentation, frequently asked questions, and how-to guides.
When customers can find answers to their questions independently, it helps them and reduces work for your support team. Using chatbots and FAQs can help your customer support to filter simple and widely asked questions from complicated ones.
Nowadays, about 72% of people use voice search engines regularly, so you should optimize this option so your business can reach many more people.
To prevent customers from becoming frustrated with inaccurate results, you will need to take care in tagging and formatting your content for voice search across all the languages you support. It means ensuring that your content is properly tagged with the right keywords and formatted in a way that is easy for voice search algorithms to understand.
There are several ways you can approach multilingual sentiment analysis.
You can do it without a marketing team, which means your customer support representatives should observe social media for customers’ attitudes to your business. Machine translation can automatically translate conversations you find into your language, making it easy to follow the discussion.
Multilingual customer support can be a challenge for any business. But with machine translation, it can be a lot easier.
Here are some ways machine translation can help with multilingual customer support:
- Machine translation can help you understand what your customers are saying.
- It can help you respond faster to customer inquiries.
- It is a good option for providing better customer support.
- Machine translation is great for reducing support costs.
There are a lot of different TMS on the market, so how do you know which one to choose for your business? Here are several features to look for when choosing a TMS:
- Ease of use. As your employees will be using this tool daily, it must be easy for everyone to understand and operate.
- Quality. The translations must be of high quality, as poor grammar and spelling can damage your brand’s image. It is also essential that the TMS allows you to approve each translation before it is sent out.
- Efficiency. With a good TMS, you can set up rules so that your employees only have to translate specific pieces of content once.
- Integration. It should be compatible with popular programs such as Microsoft Word and Excel, allowing everyone to use the same tools for daily tasks.
- Extensibility. The TMS should allow you to add new languages as your business grows or if specific pieces of content need to be regularly translated into other languages.
- Price: If the price is too high, it might be better to find another solution rather than spend too much money on something that won’t get the job done.
If you want your customer support operation to grow, you need to start considering offering services in multiple languages – regardless of the size of your business. Businesses that provide customer service in multiple languages can capitalize on the opportunities afforded by the global market.
Businesses can tap into new markets and expand their customer base by providing customer service in multiple languages. Additionally, by providing excellent customer service in multiple languages, businesses can build a reputation for being customer-centric and responsive to the needs of a global market.