Top 20 Product Manager Interview Questions and Answers
When you appear for product manager interviews, the nature of questions can largely vary from technical, behavioral, and analytical to product-related such as product management, product success, and monitoring. Here’s a list of 20 questions along with tips and sample answers:
You can also view the content in blog format at
Below are the 20 questions discussed:
1. Describe a Product Manager
2. How Do You Plan Product Development?
3. What Do You Like and Not Like about Product Management?
4. How Would You Redesign a Product?
5. How to Prevent Product Failure?
6. When Do You Think is the Right Time to Cut the Corners and Launch the Product?
7. How Do You Track the Progress of a Product?
8. How Will You Manage Resources Needed for Product?
9. What is the Purpose of PLM?
10. What Differentiates PLM from ERP?
11. What are the Key Performance Metrics of a Product in the Market?
12. How Much Does Effective Communication Matter in Product Management?
13. Describe Your Role as a Product Manager on Your Team.
14. Where Do You See Yourself in 5 Years as a Product Manager?
15. What Skills Should a Product Manager Possess?
16. What Tools and Techniques Allow Better Product Management?
17. How Would You Ensure Better Risk Management for Your Product?
18. How Would You Conduct a Competitive Analysis?
19. What are Modern Technological Trends to Incorporate in a Product and Why?
20. How Would You Decide the Price of a Product?