Preparing for your interview is important, no matter what kind. If this interview can be a major milestone in your career, you need to make sure that you have read all the relevant questions and can give plausible answers.
Here we have 20 procurement manager interview questions with tips and sample answers to help you prepare well. Make sure that your answers are not too long and comprehensive. These purchasing interview questions will help employers to assess whether each candidate has the required knowledge and experience in procurement.
You can also view the content in blog format at https://www.projectpractical.com/top-20-procurement-purchasing-manager-interview-questions-answers/
Below are the 20 questions discussed:
1. What are the Qualities that a Procurement/Purchasing Manager Must Have?
2. Did You Face any Major Challenges During Your Last Procurement Manager Role? How Did You Overcome Them?
3. How Do You Ensure Procurement Best Practices throughout the Project?
4. How Will You Determine the Organization’s Purchasing Patterns?
5. How Do You Know if the Price is Fair if we Buy from a Single Vendor?
6. How Will You Handle Day-to-Day Procurement Activities?
7. What is the Best and the Worst Thing about Procurement?
8. What Kind of Relationship Do You Prefer with the Suppliers?
9. State an Example for How Will You Entertain a Cost Reduction Programme?
10. What is Your Market Strategy and How Will You Shape it?
11. What Will be Your Procurement Risk Management Strategy against New Suppliers?
12. How Do You Decide if there Needs to be a Contract or not?
13. Which Tools Do You Prefer to Track the Progress of Your Project?
14. Which Process Do You Follow When Conducting a Sourcing Initiative?
15. What Strategy Will You Adapt to Accelerate the Progress?
16. What Do You Know about UCC (Uniform Commercial Code)?
17. If there’s a Need to Buy Equipment that’s Beyond Company’s Budget, What Will be Your Take?
18. Explain the Purchasing Process.
19. What Negotiation Skills and Tactics Do You Possess?
20. What are Some Important Procurement Metrics?