Top 25 Cell Biology Interview Questions and Answers
You need to be well-versed in cell theory when preparing for a cell biology interview. Therefore, ensure that you take your time to research before the interview to avoid coming off as inexperienced and incompetent.
There are many cell biology jobs in various organizations, which makes your dream job an interview away. I hope that these 25 questions help you prepare well for the next time you have an interview to ensure you can sell yourself and your qualifications.
You can also view the content in blog format at
Below are the 25 questions discussed:
1. Why Are You Interested in this Role?
2. What Are the Roles of a Cell Biologist?
3. Describe Briefly About Your Cell Biology Experience
4. What Kind of Strategy and Mindset is Required When Working in this field? Give an Example
5. What Are the Qualities that a Cell Biologist Needs to Have to Be Effective?
6. Describe Your Daily Routine as a Cell Biologist
7. How Do You Stay Motivated at Work?
8. What Do You Consider to be Your Biggest Achievement as a Cell Biologist?
9. Briefly Explain What Cell Theory is
10. Do All Living Beings Have Cell?
11. Name the Two Classification Groups of Cells
12. Differentiate a Plasma Membrane from a Cell Wall
13. What are the Cell Organelles Involved in Cell Division and the Formation of Cilia and Flagella?
14. Define Chloroplasts and the Function They Play in Cells
15. What Structures Make Up the Main Components of the Cell Nucleus?
16. Where Do You Find Ribosomes in a Cell and What Function Do, They Play in a Cell?
17. What are Lysosomes, and What Chemical Do They Contain?
18. Differentiate the rough and smooth endoplasmic reticulum.
19. What are Mitochondria? Describe Their Composition, and In What Cells They are Found.
20. What is a Plasma Membrane, and What Role Does It Have?
21. Between Prokaryotic Cells and Eukaryotic Cells, Which Ones Came First in Evolution?
22. Draw Out A Few Similarities and Differences Between Lysosomes and Peroxisomes
23. How Much Salary Do You Expect?
24. Why Should We Consider You Out of All the Applicants?
25. Where Do You See Yourself in the Next 5 Years?